Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Stretched SD ProRes footage in Premiere CS 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff GreenbergRe: Stretched SD ProRes footage in Premiere CS 5.5
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:06:17 pm

QuickTime isn't getting the flag that it's 16x9 footage, with nonsquare pixels. Don't know why. There's always been an issue between AME and QuickTime fully communicating. If you hold down the shift key, you can manually fix QT...and you may be able to manually adjust it- but you might need the QuickTime 7 install (and it may have to be pro.)

[Chris Morgan] "The only way i can get it to play normal in quicktime to present to clients is to export at 1050x576 square pixels, which isn't ideal as this doesn't seem to be supported in Adobe Encore."

Why not encode as a h.264 from AME? This will correct any sort of aspect ratio as the end product will have square pixels.

In encore, you need to bring in the media and throw the switch in the inspector that says "16x9". All DVDs hold video at SD sizes...but get a flag for widescreen. Right click on the asset, say "Interpret footage" and choose conform to wide screen and that should fix it.

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy