Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Premier Pro problems Plulling my hear out

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Al BergsteinRe: Premier Pro problems Plulling my hear out
by on Mar 24, 2012 at 1:31:28 pm

Charles, I too use Pr in a similar configuration on W7 (and also run on a Mac Pro at times), I shoot on a 7D and have not had any problems with crashing under the 7D footage. I just edited a 12 minute video that was over 2 hours of raw footage. I suspect something with the hardware not the footage, though you could try transcoding as mentioned above and see if things change.

When you say you are 'crashing' does that mean that you are having a Blue Screen of death or is Pr simply crashing on you and you can restart the project? As you might know, BSOD's are usually hardware related these days. Occasionally they are graphics card software. I've found problems with latest versions of nVidea drivers. I didn't see if you were running dual monitors on that one card, but if you are, fall back to one monitor and see if it helps. I've come to the conclusion, through trial and error, that dual monitors on one lower end card, leads to more problems than it's worth (that was through troubleshooting Sony Vegas installations, not Pr). I recommend to friends that they get two cards for two monitors, if they aren't running high end cards.

The only crash I've experienced on W7 under Pr in the last few months, was when I was using a couple of video players open at once, (viewing clips outside of Pr while working on other stuff inside Pr), something didn't work together well. Have had more problems on my Mac Pro (G).

I too would recommend that you look at your antivirus software. After troubleshooting numerous problems for friends and seeing Norton cause them, I've gone over to Microsoft's antivirus Security Essentials. It seems to do the job with the least amount of grief. Check out what services are running to see if something odd is in the background processes.

I also assume you have your footage on one of the external drives and your program on your SSD along with your OS. Make sure that you don't have some kind of hard drive 'sleep' program (common on newer 'green' drives), as I think that drives coming out of sleep may be causing some problems for video editing.

No need to go the Mac, though I'm a fan of it as well at times, but Pr seems to be the most rock solid package I've used on Windows. Wonderful to see all the cores cooking away when rendering, etc. And there are plenty of issues with the Mac too, as other posts on these forums show...

Al

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]