Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Banner Printing

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Paul BensonBanner Printing
by on Jan 5, 2009 at 10:45:44 pm

This is probably a driver related issue, but I thought I would ask here...

One of my kids needed to make a book cover. He used photoshop CS4 to help with the guidelines and to make it look 'neat'. The document is 7.5 by 16 inches.

I thought I could use some of my old 'spooled' paper left over from my ImageWriter2 (I don't throw anything away) and the 'Banner Paper' settings for my HP990cse deskjet. Note that there are two Banner Paper settings: one for the US Letter and one for A4. I am using the Banner Paper-US Letter.

The problem is that when I do a print preview, the preview window always assumes 8.5x11 paper, so it only shows the first 11 inches of the picture. When I print, sure enough, only the picture that can fit on the first page is actually printed. I never see any indication of a second page, even though it should extend beyond it. At print setup, I state I want all pages printed, but even it seems to think that there is only one page to print.

I tried a custom paper size, but the printer driver limited my paper length to 14 inches.

I could have sworn I did this in the past, so I also tried it with Photoshop CS (since that is what I would have used) and encountered the same issue.

Has anyone tried banner printing on a deskjet and got this to work?

Thank you,
Pauley

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Banner Printing by Paul Benson on Jan 5, 2009 at 10:45:44 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]