Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Cleaner Way to Select and Cut Out a Logo

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cow
livetypeeditorCleaner Way to Select and Cut Out a Logo
by on Jul 21, 2007 at 8:11:02 pm

I'm a beginner Macintosh Photoshop user still in 7 who uses the program only to transfer title cards and graphics into Final Cut Pro, so please bear with me.

I have a 1640 x 820 high quality 300 dpi color logo against a white background in jpeg format. I need to get it to 1280 x 720 PNG for import into Final Cut Pro so that it's keyable over an image.

Normally, I select the solid color around the logo with the magic wand and then cut the solid color out. Then I transfer the image onto a 600 dpi 1280 x 720 PSD document with a transparent background and then save the entire thing as a high quality PNG for import into FCP.

This time, however, I'm not liking the slight tethering around the edges of the logo which I gather is the result of using the magic wand. (I'll be zooming in on it in FCP so the quality of the edges are critical). I've tried various settings on the tolerance when using the magic wand -- 0 to 100 -- and that doesn't seem to help.

Is there a better and cleaner way to cut out this logo from its solid white background other than using the magic wand? The edges of the logo are curved; they are letters; and each letter is a different color; but they are not the color of the background.

Thank you.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]