Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Looking for a new Quadro 4800 for your Mac Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Tim JonesLooking for a new Quadro 4800 for your Mac Pro?
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:05:54 pm

Hi Folks,

I've been video starved with my MP 4,1's for some time now (stock ATI cards) and I decided to experiment with Quadro options. Of course, I bought one of the expensive 4000 units from Apple, but I also found what appeared to be a "too good to be true" bargain on eBay. The seller claimed a Quadro 4800 w 1.8GB of RAM with full Mac Pro support for $333. They also offered a reasonable return policy and had a 100% customer rating, so I bit. They are listed as used, but it turns out that they are generic OEM, white box cards. The card arrived, and aside from not having a fancy Lexan logo sticker on the fan shield, it was really a 4800 and it included the Apple power cable.

I've now tested two of these on a pair of MP 4,1s with total success in running OpenCL and CUDA (CS6) apps.

If you're looking for a great performance boost that won't break the bank, check out this link:

1.8GB Quadro 4800 for Mac Pro

Disclaimer - I have no connections to the seller other than I've purchased the unit and am very satisfied.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Looking for a new Quadro 4800 for your Mac Pro? by Tim Jones on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:05:54 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]