Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

How to Produce Faster, More Tricked-Out Photo Montages

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas HughesHow to Produce Faster, More Tricked-Out Photo Montages
by on May 15, 2012 at 1:09:13 am

When a high-end client wants a really tricked out photo montage, I create it in FC and pull out all the stops. I treat each picture with different looks, layers, speeds, motion, floating titles, etc. It takes days and I charge $3000-$5000. Some clients aren’t too excited saying that for the price and time, the finished program isn’t a whole lot better than dumping a bunch of photos in iMovie and applying a bunch of presets. And… I have to agree with them.

What's out there and available to produce photo montages quicker, and photo montages that are more progressive? Ie is FC the most efficient timeline to be cutting a photo montage in, to be applying motion to? Are there other editing platforms that have a faster more intuitive approach to treating individual pictures? Also, can I get some recommendations for software programs that have some hip, progressive looks and moves, that are superfast and intuitive to work with?

I’m seeing things on tv and online that are highly produced, ie on entertainment shows, where they’ll have a 2-3 minute segment that’s so tricked out and has so many layers and effects and variables, yet I know it didn’t take them longer than an hour or two to put together.

Any input is appreciated. tx

Thomas H

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]