Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Distortion when using Log and Capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron WhitestoneDistortion when using Log and Capture
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:06:45 pm

Hi everyone, First time poster but a long time user of these forums. I have pretty much answered all of my questions by using this forum and I hope someone can help me out with this.

I received footage shot on a Panasonic AG-AC160 AVCCAM. I used Log and Transfer to bring it into Final Cut 7 from the SD Card and everything seemed to work well except there is a slight distortion on the imported footage. The shot is scaled up ever so slightly, but enough to make my subject look like I am shooting through a fish eye lens and to cut off about 1/3 of her forehead. I have matched up the imported footage to my raw footage and there is a noticeable difference.

The footage was shot 1080/60i. I didn't change any settings on the Log and Transfer screen and have never had this problem before.

For the record this is only my 3rd time transferring from an SD card and not tape so I'm not the most experienced when it comes to this. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]