Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Recording from ZU1 to hard drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Michelle LaRockRecording from ZU1 to hard drive
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:48:44 pm

I generally always record to tape so I'm in unfamiliar territory looking for help. I have a client that wants video sent to them directly on a hard drive. Fine, I've got a Sony HVRA-CR1 recorder that I can hook to my camera.

I asked the client this question: do you want me to simply send you the card out of the camera. No, they say drag the files from the recorder to a hard drive and send that to us.

To me this seems redundant, but I've never recorded this way before so I'm not sure what questions to ask or exactly how to record this stuff so that they're getting the kind of files that they need. (i.e. .mov, h-264 whatever). Don't know what editing system they'll be using.

So this situation is a bit like the blind leading the blind. I just don't believe that this is as simple as me recording then dragging the files to a hard drive. Seems like there's a nasty little trap in here somewhere and in the end I'm gonna have an unhappy client.

Can anyone out there explain this process and what I should be looking for?

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Recording from ZU1 to hard drive by Michelle LaRock on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:48:44 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]