Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Is it worth spending a lot of time getting really good at FCP 7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: Is it worth spending a lot of time getting really good at FCP 7?
by on Dec 12, 2011 at 7:51:59 pm

I say, get good at EDITING, not so much at a particular platform. I still have not learned all there is to know about FCP7, but we're hanging onto it for now, as it does more than what we generally ask of it.

The thing is, pick whatever platform you like best, that fits your style best, and that's the one that IS best for you. Because you spend so much time with it, you'll become faster and more intuitive with time, and you'll be faster with the old venerable than someone else with uber version beta.

You never really stop learning in this business, unless you retire, maybe. Gear comes and goes, you adapt, you re-learn when needed. Try to do it on your own terms, when you really DO need it, not so much on what is fashionable this week to others. People don't look at a well-crafted cut and say: "Oh, I can tell that was cut on an AVID", versus some other platform. They say:

"That SOB knows how to CUT!"

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]