Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCP vs. Sony Vegas....you've got to be kidding.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn HareRe: FCP vs. Sony Vegas....you've got to be kidding.
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 10:16:46 pm

"You really can't just grab an application and start just using it...not without LEARNING about it"

Actually you can with Sony Vegas Pro. It's very intuitive.
I have both Mac and PC, and have been using Vegas for years.
I was able to basically use it immediately, and get very amateurish results, but that was because I was just playing with it, so see how it acted. I learned how to really use it by reading the manual -- Final Cut not so much. In fact, I was sitting there, just attempting to play with it, the same as I did with Vegas, and got nothing but frustration.

I have the same frustrations as Brody. What is supposed to be software for THE intuitive and easy-to-use computer turns out to be a pain in the butt.

And what exactly is it that Vegas can't do that FC can? Everyone keeps saying that it's so, but haven't explained what the something is.

It is my intention to take classes at New England Institute of Technology in Video and Audio Production, and in that class I'll be learning FC and Pro Tools. So in the meantime, I'm trying to wean myself off of Vegas and onto at least a good understanding of Final Cut Express, since it appears that FC is industry standard.

It's too bad that the ease of use of Vegas cannot be combined with the (supposed) power of Mac.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]