Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Do I need to change my clip properties during an edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt SurfDo I need to change my clip properties during an edit
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 11:01:25 am

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem I've never seen before. Think it's best if I start with my workflow:

I shot on a 550D and converted my footage using Pro Res 422 and imported into FCP

Everything is going fine with the edit but when I introduce a transition the red render bar comes up and it won't play. Also, the RT drop down menu only gives me the option to Use Playback Settings or Full Quality.

I've checked my clips under item properties and it says Compressor: H.264 - have I accidentally imported my original footage instead of the Pro Res 422 encoded footage or would this show as H.264 anyway?? My Sequence settings are set to HDTV 1080i with H.264 Compressor.

If I need to change the clips and re-import my Pro Res clips (if this is the issue) how do I do this by simply swapping the clip properties. Is there a way to do this as I've done a lot of work on the edit and hate the thought of having to restart a whole new sequence using my Pro Res 422 clips.

Many thanks in advance

Matt

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]