Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

burn dvd in iDVD for 7 second clip-16:9 aspect is ok but burn same 8 min sequence 16:9 is not right

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mark dukeburn dvd in iDVD for 7 second clip-16:9 aspect is ok but burn same 8 min sequence 16:9 is not right
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 3:27:06 am

When I burn a dvd in iDVD for a 7 second test clip that was exported/compressed out of FC Pro via Quick time conversion, the-16:9 aspect ratio of the clip looks the way it should on my set top dvd player in both the 4:3 Letterbox and 16:9 settings that I have available on that DVD player.
BUT when i leave all the settings for both the export from FC, and in the iDVD project EXACTLY the same, that same full 8 MINUTE sequence that I burned on a DVD in iDVD is not playing correctly on the Lerrterbox setting and 16:9 setting on my DVD player. It only looks one way when played on my DVD player, (using both the letterbox and the 16:9 settings on the DVD player), and not the 2 different ways that it should look, like the 7 second clip looked on it's own DVD. These are burned on separate DVDs and EVERYTHING is the same as far as my settings- FC export settings, FC sequence settings and iDVD project settings. What gives?? really strange.
And, when I play both dvds on several different computers, that same wierd thing holds true also.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]