Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Page Peel, but only on the pictures, not video - FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: Page Peel, but only on the pictures, not video - FCP
by on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:14:26 pm

You will see on the second sample video that the DVE just mirrored the front video onto the back in reverse, which the lowball way to do that effect when you have a single-channel DVE, and that's all it can handle. I had to do this kind of effect a year or two ago and was puzzled why I couldn't find a plug-in effect for it in the regular FCP toolset, so I did some online shopping, and there *is* a plug-in out there someone made for imovie of all things that makes a nice two-channel DVE type page peel with a different back side to the piece being effected. But I was still having trouble finding a plug-in for trhat for FCP. I kinda cheated: I still have a single-channel DVE (Pinnacle Alladin) in on eof the suiotes, so I built the effect on that and laid it off to b-roll and brought that into FCP that way.

If you put a gun to my head and make me try to do it with the FCP tools I have, I think I would try to build it in Apple Motion by keyframing an existing curl effect, there might also be the beginings of a good peel in one of my older FCP plug-in collections, but what you have on hand is going to be different for every setup.

I'm still on FCP3 an Motion 3 so I'm probably out of date on this info. Double-check the MASSIVE pre-made content library that comes with Motion and see if they didn't put in a pre-built page peel template.

If you check the Apple Motion forum with this question, I think they can point you to a work-around that Stephen Smith once did to make this effect happen.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]