Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

RE: starting over: HD learning - need some advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nelson MayRE: starting over: HD learning - need some advice
by on Dec 31, 2010 at 11:10:58 pm

I am starting to do a lot of editing in HD now and am having issues with FCP. I have been getting lucky over the past year with HD just working in the open timeline.

I just can't do that anymore. I want to plan out and know my formats, codecs and how they work and don't' work. One of the things that is bothering me to death is adding DVCPRO HD to a timeline only to get the "do you want FCP to change your setting dialogue box". When I record 720p or pn 30fps on my HVX200, I always set up FCP for 720p pr pn 30fps. But I always get the dialog box when I drop the first clip. I assume this is from DVCPRO HD being 720x960 and FCP wants 1280. Do you guys just go with it and let FCP fix it or am I missing something?

NEW YEAR's RESOLUTION! I want to relearn HD from the ground up and I want to have a good understanding of how to set up FCP to work with differnt HD sources. Anyway, I humble myself before any of you and want to know if you can send me links that are written for a newbie. I am watching Shane's tapesless work flow with FCP7 and will look for material from there.

I am tired of getting the FCP "would you like me to fix this dialogue box". It is killing my confidence and I want to walk away and stop learning. But I do want to have a good handle on the basics so I can go on to using more plug ins.

Again, I humble myself before you and please send me in the right direction. I want to do this right.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]