Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Exporting from FCP7 for vewing on a PC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: Exporting from FCP7 for vewing on a PC
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:42:31 am

[Lara Taylor] "- When I converted straight from FCP to H.264, before, the clips had lines running through them"

How did you convert? Do you mean INTERLACING? If you shot an interlaced format, like 1080i...then you need to DEINTERLACE when you compress. Computers don't like playing back interlacing.

[Lara Taylor] "- I'm not too au fait with Compressor, is it possible to give me a summary of how to go about it? "

Open Compressor. Drag a clip you want to convert into the small box in the small window with the arrow pointing down on the upper left portion of Compressor. Then go into the SETTINGS and look for OTHER WORKFLOWS>WEB>Quicktime 7 compatible. Drag the one you want onto the grey bar that you just dragged your clip onto. That should deinterlace it by default...any of those settings.

[Lara Taylor] "- Once the files are converted, can I simply burn them directly onto a disc or do I need to work through a programme like DVD Studio Pro?"

Insert a blank DVD. Drag and drop onto the DVD...then open the DVD and click on the BURN option, or drag to the TRASH, that now looks like a radioactive icon.

[Lara Taylor] "- Finally, what is QT7 (quicktime)?"

Yes, QuickTime. That's the abbreviation. QT.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]