Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Deinterlacing through compressor results in striped stills.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Josh AderholdRe: Deinterlacing through compressor results in striped stills.
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:36:01 pm

I've set it to better, but that's the best I can do without Compressor either A. freezing up or B. taking a ridiculously long time.

Could a filter within FCP possibly fix the problem? Doing anything specific to the image? Certain files it might work best with? If I wasn't getting such a horrible result from "Same as Source" I'd just go with that. But I've actually got complaints from my client on the quality after following the normal procedures for exporting through Compressor. And I've seen the results, not so good.

Now this is something that irks me as well. I'm working on another project where the typical route of exporting through compressor worked just fine.

8-bit project (HVX-200)
http://img.skitch.com/20100122-p86ta7x86321nmstu5hrwnea6m.tif

10-bit project (HDCAM)
http://img.skitch.com/20100122-nsfnudhjds4dx3d2xbnmb5b5ph.tif

My first project there, I didn't even turn on Frame Controls, I just left it to auto and the result was fine. Where as with my 10-bit project, I follow the same procedure and it's artifact city.

Can you possibly shed some light on why this would be?

MacBook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo
2.6GHz
L2 Cache: 6MB
4GB Memory
Bus Speed 800MHz

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS