Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Connecting monitor to Mac Pro to work with FCP suite

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim NicholsonRe: Connecting monitor to Mac Pro to work with FCP suite
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 4:11:31 pm

Hi
Thanks for the response. Not that it would make a difference but I have the Mac Pro (desktop) many make this assumption and think I have the Mac Book Pro (laptop).
Getting back to my dilema, I am coming from the PC world where all my computers had video cards (aftermarket of course) that could easily output to video monitors or tv's. As I said the Mac world is all new to me.

I was told by the salesman at the Mac store I bought the box with the most and can do everything my PC could do and more.

Well as you see that was false and although maybe there is some sense of truth to that but they left out the fact that yes as long as you buy all the big dollar items to make that work. I thought I did when I bought the Mac which cost more than all 4 of my powerful PC's and my Windows based notebook all together.

Not to get into a PC Mac war I just want to make this setup work without getting a 3rd mortgage.

So I need that convertor to do it the right way. I am trying to setup an editing studio so running it through a camera would not be the way I want to do it. I was hoping to upgrade as I go as I earned a little then continue to get what is needed to have a decent setup.

Those neat little 13" monitors I see in the bays of editors I guess are all monitors already setup for the video out of their computers or maybe they are also using a convertor?

I guess I hoped I could buy a used monitor that accepted dvi so I could come off the mac directly to it if I coul dnot use the crt I have.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]