Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

THE Basics

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Greg WishnevTHE Basics
by on Jul 1, 2009 at 8:34:22 pm

Hello, and thanks for reading.

I want to make sure my media files match my sequence settings, and that all other settings on FCP 5.1.4 are set to handle these files. But I'm unclear on what some of those settings should be.

I understand the concept of making sure your sequence settings match your media files. I've tried to do that, and I'm only using one type of media file: Flip video MP4 files. Presently, I simply import the MP4 into FCP.

Also, if I need to convert my media files before importing them, I understand that concept too, but again, I'm unclear on some settings. The converting program I have is MPEG Streamclip.

So, these are all the many places I could be inputting something incorrect, causing FCP to always have to render audio (but not video), and to give me repeated dropped frame warnings.

User Preferences
System Settings
Audio/Video Settings
Clip Settings?
[Are Clip Settings only set via the Log and Capture window? My media files are already on my computer, so, do I ever have to bother with the Log and Capture window?]
Any other settings I'm missing?

Thanks.

Greg Wishnev

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]