Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Multi-Audio Channel compatible video compression

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Joe WilsonMulti-Audio Channel compatible video compression
by on Jul 27, 2012 at 9:42:44 pm

I currently use Bink (RadTools) to compress video for game development and I'm usually not to happy with the results. I've been looking into Divx or WebM in order to conduct some testing but run into a wall when dealing with the number of audio tracks I need in order to run 5.1 with localization (Currently 27 tracks, swapping L-R-C with different languages). I believe Vorbis and AAC both can handle a good number of tracks but I have yet to find an encoder that will allow me to add anything more than 6 (5.1). After encoding, the game engine must also be able to select and play certain tracks in different combinations. Is there another solution (legal and able to be licensed) or am I stuck with Bink.

Joe Wilson

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Multi-Audio Channel compatible video compression by Joe Wilson on Jul 27, 2012 at 9:42:44 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]