Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

MPEG Streamclip conversions - clip truncates at 30 sec

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Katja HeinemannMPEG Streamclip conversions - clip truncates at 30 sec
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:40:22 pm

I've been experiencing problems with my MPEG Streamclip conversions lately, after everything went without a hitch since I first got the program. Now, when I try to export/convert, many clips get truncated at 30 seconds. It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't been able to figure out how or if it's related to the codec I am transcoding from or to, but it's always at 30 secs.

Are there any overriding settings that may have gotten tweaked accidentally? Did my version of the program get corrupted? The in & out points are not set to 30 secs, and I selected "revert all settings" too, for good measure. I tried to reinstall, but it didn't override my previously saved settings, so wasn't a clean start and didn't fix anything.

Right now it seems to let me convert RAW Canon 5D Mark ii HDSLR clips to my usual XDCAM settings, which is great. But I need to transcode a job to WMV Windows Media files, and was hoping to use MPEG Streamclip for that process, and have not been able to get a full clip out of the program. Help?! Or suggestions for other converters to do that job?

I am working in OS 10.6.8 on an Intel Xeon dual core 2x2.66 GHz Power PC, but similar issues are also happening on my laptop, both in the beta version (MPEG_Streamclip_1.9.3b7) and the older, full version (MPEG_Streamclip_1.9.2)

Many thanks for your help! Katja

FCP 7.0.2. -- Snow Leopard 10.6.4 -- Mac Pro 2x2.66. GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]