Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Compressor MPEG-2 for DVD stuttering on tilts and rolling credits???!

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

James ShepherdCompressor MPEG-2 for DVD stuttering on tilts and rolling credits???!
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 6:42:21 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to sort this out for a couple of days now and could really use some advice if anybody has come across a similar problem.

I have a project exported as a self-contained MOV from FCP - it's a 24p 1080i ProRes 422 (HQ) file that is 12 mins and 43 seconds long.

It plays fine on my computer but running through compressor it stutters on two tilt shots and the rolling credits.

I've been experimenting with VBR and CBR with no success - and have tweaked frame controls (at one point I was able to stop the stutter but it really messed with some of the other movement in the film).

I'm not really familiar with compressor and I'm by no means a technical expert - I feel like the solution must be somewhere in frame controls as I feel like I've exhausted VBR/CBR experiments but I'm working (now) to a tight deadline and have no idea about how the frame controls work, and can no longer afford to wait for really long encodes - does anybody have any suggestions, it'd be really really appreciated!

Thanks,

James

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Compressor MPEG-2 for DVD stuttering on tilts and rolling credits???! by James Shepherd on Apr 22, 2012 at 6:42:21 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]