Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: where can I learn about keeping compression settings within standards?

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy EngelkemierRe: where can I learn about keeping compression settings within standards?
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 6:47:13 pm

I tried changing the frame size and they noticed immediately. If I am able to create the powerpoint, I agree because then I can just scale it. In fact, half of the video I'm working on now was recorded at 480i and I have it stretched up to 720 and no one noticed.

Now if you have some trick that I can save it at something smaller like 480x960 then have the codec tell the player what size to stretch too, I'm all ears. The only time I've gotten away with that is by providing the slide, or embedding it in a webpage For them. Something like that. When the deliverable is a straight video I'm stuck with the size they ask for. I've already told them they won't notice a quality change from 1080 to 720. 90% of the time I wouldn't even notice on a large screen either unless they are played back to back.

I'll give the profile 8 a try next time and see how that fairs at lower bitrates. If they don't care about size I just check the 720p HQ and render. Done! Sure it's a 500MB presentation, but that's why you have that 3TB hard drive on your desk. haha

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]