Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Apple Compressor settings for H264 streaming video

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Apple Compressor settings for H264 streaming video
by on Jul 29, 2010 at 4:12:07 pm

[Michael Sigmon] "One last question: any idea about the use of filters, specifically adjusting brightness and contrast for a streaming video? I'm going to be asked about that, I need to have some kind of answer as to whether it's necessary or not. It could impact my transcode time, after all."

It depends on your source. There's far too many filters which vary in quality and effectiveness by compression app to go through them.

If your source is interlaced you MUST deinterlace. Compressor Frame Controls is slow so Better is often good enough compared to Best. These days I always shoot progressive. Some people like pushing the contrast and there are various ways to do that. Gamma would be one choice. Some like pushing saturation. If blacks are noisy Black Restore can crush them at the cost of losing detail.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]