Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Downscaling(from MTS) issues

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stanley FlominDownscaling(from MTS) issues
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:03:52 pm

Hey there, I'm trying to downscale from 720p to SD but the quality regardless of what program i use (save for photoshop) gives me blurry quality.

I can't afford hardware that will downscale so I'm stuck to software. So far i've tried premiere pro cs4, media encoder, FCP, quicktime but they all give me blurry outputs.

I've been trying to get photoshop to do it via a script since i have literary hundreds of videos that need to get scaled down and i can't sit there doing it one by one but even though the action script looks fine in theory it gives me a retarded error after rendering one file that a file is open or hasn't been closed and stops....even though I specifically said in the save as file format to renamed them with a sequence number attached at the end.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

PS the issue happens regardless of the codec or quality settings, everything is updated. I've tried rendering out with no compression at all and it still comes out blurry....i've used EXACTLY the same settings as i have in photoshop but the video still comes out blurry...so annoying!!!!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]