Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

H264 and mpeg4 curveball

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris PoissonH264 and mpeg4 curveball
by on Nov 27, 2006 at 2:40:05 pm

Hey there,

I used Squeeze suite and Episode Pro (formerly Compression Master) to compress movies of my TV spots and videos for my Web site, used H264 mostly, and I recently tried to do the same with a 1 minute movie with disapointing results. The movie was composed in AE 7 as an 8 bit DI comp and rendered at 720x486 in Animation and also Apple 8 bit uncompressed, lower field first. The resulting movies were sharp as a tack, file size around 1.5 gigs. BTW they took around 10 hours to render, but the comps were pretty complicated and rendering is not my issue with this.

I used the H264 and mpeg4 codecs in presets for medium progressive movies, got the file size down to around 3 megs but they all look like crap. WMV and Flash movies looked bad too, unless I tweaked the settings with higher data and/or frame rates, but then the file sizes are getting out of hand. Could something be lacking in my source movies? Should they be 16 bit?

Like I said above, the movies I made before for my Website with the same presets are pristine, don't know what happened with this new job. Anyone?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]