Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Re: Upcoming CS5 will be 64 bit, no port to 32 bit Plugins (Customer Service Comments)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: Upcoming CS5 will be 64 bit, no port to 32 bit Plugins (Customer Service Comments)
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 3:43:10 pm

I am really happy that Adobe is making After Effects 64-bit. It will make a huge difference in my studio's workflow and productivity on HD and higher-res projects.

I'm also glad that Adobe is making CS5 64-bit-only, because it will force developers to update their plugins to stay current. If there were a 32-bit mode, I think you'd see fewer plugins go 64-bit, and the entire transition would be much longer and much more painful.

I really can't understand all the griping on this thread -- if you don't think the new features are valuable for your work, then don't upgrade! My studio is still on CS3, and we are still producing great work and keeping our clients happy. I'd rather see Adobe pushing AE and its entire ecosystem forward so I can work better; I'd hate to see them hold back development for any reason. I didn't see enough value in CS4 to justify the upgrade costs, but upgrading to CS5 is a no-brainer for me, for 64-bit AE alone.

My thanks to the Adobe reps for their thoughtful responses in this thread, as well as to the other posters who are keeping the discussion civil.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter