Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Re: CS6 - Base is 30 - Auto - problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gasper VovkRe: CS6 - Base is 30 - Auto - problem
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 11:13:30 am

Hi,

I tried creating a sequence from multiple stills and it *seems* to work fine for me, although Dialog Box really says "base 30" next to timecode.

I have Preferences>Import>Sequence Footage set to 25 fps.

There was, however, a discrepance ... if - after dragging to create comp - you put Still Duration at less than 1 second (1:00), you'll get wrong layer lengths.

For example, if you put still duration @ 24 frames, you'll get 20 frames long comp and layers.

If you put one frame, frames will actually be SHORTER than one frame, making sequenced animation look jittery at best.

To make Sequence Layer work properly, I just went to first frame and set layer length there ... but I don't know if that's what you were trying to do.

In any case I believe you've stumbled upon a bug here.

****edit***
I later noticed one more thing. If your last created comp was 29.97 the comp created from stills will ALSO be 29.97.

If you first create a dummy comp with 25 fps by New Composition, next time you create a comp from stills it'll be 25 fps as well.

Good luck with your project and cheers,
Casper

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]