Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Script for a Canned Introduction?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Sean AllredScript for a Canned Introduction?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:04:01 am

Hi all! I'm pretty new here (and to video editing in general) so bear with me if I mess up terms here and there.

I'm working a contract right now for a series of training videos for employees of the company. I've made a nice introduction - virtually text-only (small animation with their logo) - but it needs to be customized for each one. What I've done so far is to duplicate an existing composition (completed introduction for a different video in the series) and to just change the text in the duplicate.

The problem is, I'm going though font troubles at the moment and will probably need to quickly alter the font used in the introduction. Seeing as I will quickly have 50+ versions of the introduction floating around, this will get out of hand very quickly.

Is there any way to script After Effects (CS6 Production Premium) to work with something like this? In Premiere, I usually just import the project file to have it all render at once for me and let it sit overnight (I don't have a very good GPU yet). Seeing as how Premiere is the one actually rendering the composition, it needs to be able to interface with the script in some way.

I'm a programmer by profession: I'm looking for something along the lines of this:

create_some_intro(title_string, subtitle_string) ... would be the script that takes a title and a subtitle and 'creates' a composition file based on a template. That composition file only needs to exist for each render and no longer... The idea is that I'd update the template and then all of my introductions would update as well.

Premiere would then use that 'create_some_intro') in the sequence, much like a generator effect. It would have textboxes for the title and subtitle, and would give a working preview in the viewer window.

Is there any way to do this? Is there any succinct way to word this so I could have better luck researching it on my own? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Script for a Canned Introduction? by Sean Allred on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:04:01 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]