Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Re: AE CS6 Cache/RAM updating issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: AE CS6 Cache/RAM updating issue
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 9:54:51 pm

[stephane audrier] "With the new Global Performance Cache it's quite impossible (with out clearing the cache and Purge>Image Cache Memory each time !!!) to get live updates into the Main Comp while you modify something like, for exemple, a Curve on layer from a Pre-Comp !"

I'm not sure I understand the problem here -- you've never been able to have live updates in a locked viewer showing the main comp while tweaking effects in a precomp. These tweaks only ever appear when you release the mouse button, with or without the cache.

I am also not seeing a problem here where the cache fails to invalidate when you tweak something in a precomp. If you have a reproducible case (and you have updated to the current version of AE), you should file a bug report [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter