Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Box to run AE just tolerably well?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John JoyceBox to run AE just tolerably well?
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:16:02 am

I know there are a couple of forums on hardware, but they don't attract a lot of activity. So please bear with me.

I think I am going to have become a refugee from the Mac.

We are a boutique management consultancy, and the point of graphics and video is to make us look good and professional, especially by comparison with the home-spun efforts of competitors.

FCP and Motion and Illustrator have served us very well indeed. Unfortunately I know of no Windows counterpart of Motion. A real pity. So I can see we are going to have to embrace AE, but not at the advanced level of most people here.

I have been given a very good price on couple of HP Z420s with an E3 4-core processor, 8GB Ram and a Quattro 2000. I expect I would have at least to double the RAM. The volume of work is small compared to what a professional video shop would do of course.

Do you think these would run AE tolerably well? You see what I mean? I don't want to go through a pack of cigarettes every time the things try to render.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]