Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Large Motion Graphic Project: Workflow issues, do my layers have to be 3D layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Emily BurrowLarge Motion Graphic Project: Workflow issues, do my layers have to be 3D layers?
by on May 27, 2012 at 10:08:06 pm

The project that I am working on is going to be approx. 3 minutes long, and it has a load of elements that I use. If I had to guess I'm using about 50 or more. This makes the workflow a little tedious. I somewhat manage this by using the shy mechanic and colour labels.

One of the problems I'm running into is when I precompose multiple 3D layers, I loose the composition and things disappear in z space. I will admit that this is my first large project and I am still testing out the waters. I continue to do more research to maximize my workflow, but one of the ideas I have had, is since my project is very linear, and none of the elements do any tricks in z-space, am I able to make all my element layers 2D to keep things organized and in the proper order? So then I would just keep my Camera and Null as 3D Layers to continue the camera movement? Would this work?

I am also looking at some plugins that will help me manage all my elements, like SureTarget by VIDEOCOPLIOT

Thanks for your time.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]