Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Tracking object that moves off screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charles HouseTracking object that moves off screen
by on May 7, 2012 at 9:37:36 pm

I'm not sure how to fix tracking points manually AFTER setting the information to the null and then parenting the null to the text. I've tried changing the values numerically but it doesn't do anything, and by looking at the tracking points on the image, they don't look particularly off.

The biggest issue is that I'm trying to have an object come on screen halfway into the shot and the exit screen, tracked with another object (for example, say I had a pan across a keyboard, the letter D was on screen for maybe half the shot, and I wanted to put a word next to the letter D, so it starts off screen, comes in with the letter, and exits screen with the letter). This seems easy enough, but it always idles on screen before the tracking point appears for some reason. I tried tracking to a few different points that come on and off screen at different times, and then lining them up, and that helps, but the text still appears on screen before it should and I can't figure out why.

I've tried finding a Mocha tutorial, too, but every tutorial is for an object that is always on screen and never exits, and adding something that stays on screen.

Here's the video. I'd like to put text next to the stereo, which starts and ends out of frame, and remove the security system logo.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]