Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Re: What are you thinking about CS6?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Angelo LorenzoRe: What are you thinking about CS6?
by on May 5, 2012 at 9:46:41 pm

I haven't had the chance to cut a full project on it since I've downloaded the demo. After Effects and Premiere seem more speedy overall.

Speedgrade still feels like the black sheep, but I'm glad they jammed it in the suite so soon after the acquisition. I graded a music video shot on SD camcorder (kind of a restoration job) and the speed of the program simply flew.

One big issue with the Speedgrade demo is that it doesn't come with any help file. Really steep learning curve in terms of setting up a project. The color controls you've seen a million times before so they are responsive and comfortable.

Some issues I came across:
-It doesn't seem to like dropframe timecode from EDLs
-To be really useful, the color management settings need to be in unity with After Effects and Photoshop. Speedgrade still uses its own nomenclature for these and it took some guess work before I had a matching color pipeline.

I'm suggesting both as improvements to Adobe.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]