Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

3D Anagylph CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron Weaver3D Anagylph CS5
by on May 4, 2012 at 1:58:44 pm

HI,
I am producing a 3D Stereo film and have come across a project stopping problem. I have a quicktime video that has an alpha channel.

When I use this footage together with the 3D Glasses effect in AE, everything that was an alpha channel will turn black. It seems the effect does not accept alpha channels.

Ive tried keying that black, with ugly to absurd results.
Ive tried pre-rendering, still have black.
Ive tried masking, and the ghosting effect is absurd and unacceptable.

Any Ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

If you dont understand my problem then here is a simple setup to view the problem yourself (note: CS5 and under)

1. Take a .png image of anything that has an object with the image background as transparent (alpha).
2. Import into AE, in a compisition, duplicate this image/ therefor you will have 2 of the same images in one composition.
3. Add an adjustment layer and add the 3D Glasses effect to that layer.
4. Tell the Glasses effect one layer is right, the other left.
5. Change the 3D view dropdown in the 3D glasses effect to Symetrical, so that you have the red/blue overlapping eachother.
6. Use the Convergence to seperate the images a bit.

7. Notice that your alpha has turned black. Pre-comping doesnt help!/adding the effect to any other layer or etc doesnt help-
The alpha is gone, like it grew legs and just walked away.!!

Any help wold be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou in advance!!
Ron

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy