Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Removing someones eye. & adding maggots (lovely i know)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Josh BrineRemoving someones eye. & adding maggots (lovely i know)
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 9:29:12 pm

SO yeah basically im helping out on a short film on the 6th, and ive been asked to remove someones eye, and have maggots falling out of it.

So im thinking, few dots on the face, around the eye area on set nice contrasty colour, track them in mocha, create a eyeless eye in photoshop &/or AE. pin it to the mocha track. feather etc.

so far is this a correct way to shoot it?

as for the maggots, the actress isnt, (obviously) willing to have maggots on her face, so im thinking, get a maniquin head, wrap it/paint it green. pour maggots on it. film it and track that to the actress? with warps n stuff to get it looking like it properly fits her face?

so yeah, just wanting to ask some questions n get some answers before i have to shoot. so i can avoid some issues.

https://vimeo.com/18275127

this effect is similar (at least the eye part) to what im hoping to achieve, but with maggots!

Thanks
Josh

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]