Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Re: Reducing noise

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew SomersRe: Reducing noise
by on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:53:34 am

I stand corrected on the Panasonic - One brochure I read led me to believe it was a single chip camera. regardless I have never liked Panasonic cameras in practice, for what it's worth.

Regarding your WORKING SPACE.

When working in Linear, you ALSO must enable "Display Color Management": for each sequence/comp (this is a COMP setting and NOT a project setting, so it could be on or off for every comp in your project).

ALSO, make sure your monitor is calibrated and profiled correctly. AND, it is important to note that when working in LINEAR space that you *CAN NOT just go out via video preview - you first must pass through a LIN to VID profile conversion to use After Effect's Video Preview (unless you have an HD card that uses LUTs that you can setup for the lin to vid conversion).

The sRGB example you posted above is the first thing I've seen you post that is close to correct in terms of the green screen - I was able to pull a PERFECT key in under 20 seconds in Keylight.

I can't say the same for the version set to "None" and it was also very noisy.

I don't use "Neat Video Denoiser" so I can't advise there, but you may find that with the correct settings elsewhere that you don't need it at all.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]