Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Transform Character To Shape

COW Forums : DigiEffects

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tobias Van KleeckTransform Character To Shape
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:11:38 pm

Hello all, thanks in advance for any and all help.

I have 10 or 12 human cartoonish characters that are comprised of various precomposed body parts (head, arms, legs, etc.). The parts of each precomp (i.e. hair, eye, hands) are masked out solids. Finally, each character is it's own "master comp" in another comp which is to be my scene.

What I am trying to do in the scene is have each character smashed, pushed, pulled, etc into a particular letter of the alphabet. Now, I could very well do this through animating the masks within the precomps that make up the parts of the characters' bodies. But, because there are going to be 10-12 characters, this could take a LONG time...

What I'm asking is, is there a faster way to do this or a plugin that is well-suited to do such a thing? I have played around with digieffects FreeForm and that has been slightly useful but not exactly great. Because I'm trying to go from a fairly organic looking shape (a human body) into a blockier shape (the letter "E" for example), I'm guessing this is just gonna have to be a massive keyframing job but, I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has any thoughts on a better strategy.

Thanks again for any help!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]