Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Re: Avid Media Composer and sharing media on a SAN

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eugeny KorkhinRe: Avid Media Composer and sharing media on a SAN
by on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:47:55 am

One more thing:

To make it all even easier, there's Media Creation preference (orange box) in the settings list in Avid. Different tabs where you can specify the target drive (red box) for different types of possible media (green box). This way, you can automate the process at some extent and also exclude the chance of creating media on a shared volume. By the way, if it is a network drive that is shared (I mean, it is not a local drive of one machine, shared to another), then you don't even need to partition it. Here's how I see it:

SAN is the place "The Ingest" captures to. Editors have their personal folders (Editor_01, i.e.). Make them shared folders, then "The Editor 01" connects to his pesonal folder: Command+K, enter SAN IP Address/Editor_01 and he has that folder mapped as a network drive (green boxes). Therefore, Avid can use that "drive" to capture and etc (orange box). That is briefly.
And Bob, anticipating what you may say, I certainly understand that this is still a volume-based system, just put another way.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]