Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Re: Avid Media Composer and sharing media on a SAN

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David ParkerRe: Avid Media Composer and sharing media on a SAN
by on Nov 11, 2011 at 11:13:40 pm

Ahh, well I am sure giving you a number first is what you prefer as an integrator, but for me actually what I am looking at is features first, price second.

The problem is, like everyone else in post, I are not sure what happens after FCP7, but I am not ready to commit to Avid. However I do need a SAN now, (on FCP7) and so I am looking for the solution that works now, and will work with either Premier or Avid later. The reason I am looking at features first, is, I don't need full blown project sharing, I just need all stations accessing the same media. I am looking for the simplest way to do that (under the KISS principle, as well as for value). Yes I could get an ISIS 5000, and I am perfectly willing to do that, but I suspect it is overkill for what I want, and therefore fails on the value metric.

I am just looking for a little help figuring out how Avid works on the SAN, and particularly, what short of full blown project sharing exists. It seems there is a step in there that is volume level sharing, I just need a bit more info on the workflow there . . .

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]