Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Re: I hate tech refreshes this close to NAB

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt GeierRe: I hate tech refreshes this close to NAB
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 7:56:04 pm

HI Rick,

That's a fair reply.

I'd like to mention that a lot of times what you spend $$ for Direct Attached, those dollars would also be well used in a Shared Ethernet environments. (giving you the need not to pass drives back and forth.) -- Taking drives in and out a lot of times, lessens there long term reliability because they are always spinning up and down...This is why you leave Shared RAIDS on all the time....or all week, and shut them down on the weekend.

The long term investment will outweigh the short term "i need something now" periods.

It's not up to me where you spend you're dollars. I just like to see people walk away from here as happy as possible for the money they put in.

Regardless of what you decide; it's still critical to get something based on the real time performance of the video formats you require, and how many total you need to run, and what bandwidth is available to do so....

That said -- I'll leave you be.

Regards,

Matt G

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]