Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Re: I hate tech refreshes this close to NAB

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt GeierRe: I hate tech refreshes this close to NAB
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 7:16:25 pm

Hi Rick,

What's your definition of a SAN? -

Sounds like your in a bad place right now and could use some insight to Ethernet based Shared Network solutions for Mac OS X.

Do you want to have Shared Storage that's able to support those project files you speak of so that everyone can just have the same RAID to work off of? Is it being considered?

How many TB of Storage are you thinking?
How many Video Editing Suites do you need to support at one time?
What Video Formats are you running, and how many to each workstation?

Even if you're not looking for Direct Attached (Because those will run differently then if they are shared on the network) - I can help you 100%.

Please contact me if you like. I've left my number at the bottom for you.

ALL of Small Tree's Storage Products will come with RAID 5, we won't allow anything less. RAID is not DATA Protection however, so you should also consider a BACKUP solution as well. RAID 5, 6 etc, will allow your RAID to lose a drive or two, but the data needs to be stored in a safe place too, just in case the RAIDs do crash.

If the time is here and now, get busy creating, or wait for things to keep going wrong! (I hope it's not the latter)

Regards,

Matt Geier (Small Tree)
952-641-7433

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]