Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Re: Fiberjet and Avid

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim BoasRe: Fiberjet and Avid
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 1:43:21 pm

Hi Rick,
The guys at Commandsoft and I responded to this question last week per our conversation and the e-mail correspondence you had with Commandsoft before you posted this.

I thought I would respond to this so you and others seeing this post will understand this is an extremely easy process.

Yes, a PC and Mac can be put onto the Rorke/Fibrejet SAN using the same Rorke Galaxy RAID's you have. The only additional piece you will need to put on this PC is MediaFour MacDrive Software to allow the PC to Read and Write to HFS/HFS+ File Systems. As we spoke about, the Fibrejet dongles you currently have will work fine for both PC and Mac so you would not have to buy anything else other then this very inexpensive MediaFour MacDrive V8 Software to add to the PC you might be putting on your current Mac based Fibrejet/Rorke SAN.

We have done hundreds of these cross platform SAN's and would be happy to help you so please don't hesitate to call me or Rorke Data tech support if you ever need any help.

Thank you,

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]