Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

News: Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 HD Handheld 10-Bit 4:2:2 AVC-INTRA Opens Doors for Michigan’s Hartwell Digital Media

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Cow News DroidNews: Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 HD Handheld 10-Bit 4:2:2 AVC-INTRA Opens Doors for Michigan’s Hartwell Digital Media
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:46:30 pm

(Secaucus, New Jersey--July 13, 2012) Richard Hartwell, owner of Hartwell Digital Media (Petoskey, MI), is a one-man operation providing services including scripting, camera operation, lighting, sound, direction and editing to his clientele throughout Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. His recent purchase of an AG-HPX250 Panasonic P2 HD handheld with full 1920 x 1080 resolution AVC-Intra recording has elevated the quality of his work for local resorts, political campaigns, boat and auto dealerships and more.

Hartwell said he views the HPX250 as an investment in his young production company, and his expectations for the P2 HD handheld’s functionality and image quality have been exceeded.

“The HPX250 saved me about $10,000 over competitive products, yet the image quality allows me to charge a profitable rate that my clients consider fair,” he said. “The savings have gone towards new lights and microphones.”

Hartwell had previously shot with the Panasonic AG-HVX200; his work with that camcorder garnered both Golden and Bronze Telly Awards. “The HPX250 represents a vast improvement over the previous generation, plus I’m already familiar with the P2 workflow and don’t have to learn a new language,” he said. “The HPX250’s menu and playback buttons are more conveniently placed, as are the XLR inputs. I love that I get some extra ND filters, with four-position control, and that now I have manual control of the iris on the lens. Being able to adjust the exposure right on the zoom ring is great. The HDMI output is also terrific: since almost every flat screen has an HDMI in, I can go to practically any TV and see my footage in full display.”

The HPX250 is especially well suited to handle the changing dynamics of Hartwell’s diverse location work. “I do a lot of shooting outdoors and I might get my best shot as a cloud goes over the sun,” he said. “Even without any lighting I still get great images. Fundamentally, with the 10-bit AVC-Intra recording, the camcorder is capable of gorgeous image production; I can get such great shallow depth of field and soft back focus.”

“With familiar controls from previous models now repositioned for easier operation, I could really hit the ground running on my first day with the HPX250, already knowing how and where to make those quick adjustments and discovering even quicker access to them,” Hartwell continued. “Plus, the fact that the camcorder is so light, durable and strong really comes in handy when you are hiking up a giant sand dune or climbing through brush to capture fly fishing in action.”

One of Hartwell’s first projects with the HPX250 was a promotional video called “Barefoot TV,” shot for Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, which will be broadcast on the web and in the property. Other HPX250 projects in the works include a political ad for a House of Representatives campaign, as well as assignments for North Central Michigan College, Petoskey Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation and recurring auto and boat commercials.

The bulk of Hartwell’s projects are edited on Adobe Premiere Pro.

For more information about Hartwell Digital Media, visit http://www.hartwelldigitalmedia.com/

About the Panasonic AG-HPX250
The AG-HPX250 is Panasonic's first P2 HD handheld camcorder with master-quality 10-bit, 4:2:2 independent-frame, 1920 x 1080 resolution AVC-Intra 100 recording. This lightweight, ergonomic-designed camcorder incorporates high-sensitivity 1/3", full-HD 2.2 megapixel 3-MOS imagers and a 20-bit Digital Signal Processor to capture stunning high resolution images. The HPX250 includes professional features, like genlock, timecode, HD-SDI and HDMI input/outputs for multi-camera operation and monitoring, as well as a color viewfinder. The powerful hand-held is equipped with a 22x wide zoom (28mm to 616mm) HD lens with 3 independent adjustable rings (Zoom/Focus/Iris). The 22x lens also features an Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) function that ensures stable images during hand-held shooting. The HPX250 offers international HD/SD formats and frame rates. In addition to AVC-Intra 100 recording, the HPX250 also records in AVC-Intra 50, industry-standard DVCPRO HD, as well as standard definition in DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV. In addition the HPX250 offers variable frame rate capability in 1080p up to 30fps (17 steps) as well as 720p up to 60fps (25 steps) for undercranking/overcranking to create fast or slow-motion effects. For more information, visit http://www.panasonic.com/broadcast.

Panasonic Solutions for Business
Built on a celebrated engineering foundation, Panasonic architects business technology solutions that help build a better world. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to help them acquire, manage and interpret the information that drives innovation. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, which is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC).

All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or at http://www.panasonic.com.

###

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • News: Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 HD Handheld 10-Bit 4:2:2 AVC-INTRA Opens Doors for Michigan’s Hartwell Digital Media by Cow News Droid on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:46:30 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]