Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Match HPX500 and HPX250 when recording 576i

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Niklas WikmanMatch HPX500 and HPX250 when recording 576i
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:28:21 pm

Tomorrow, I'll be using our own HPX500 (set to record 576i, 25fps, 16:9) together with a rental HPX250 I've managed to set the aspect ratio alright, but when it comes to format, I can only set 576-50i.
Codec on both cameras are DVCPro50.

I did a quick test, importing both footage from our HPX500 and the HPX250. And the footage from the HPX250 looks somewhat different on computer screen. Not as it's progresive, but still - the movements looks "jaggier". (to be fair the test shoot was handheld on the 250, the HPX500 footage was on tripod).

I don't have the HPX500 at hand, but a look in the manual says that it does record in 576-50i as well. (I was worried that the HPX500 cannot record at 576-50i, but rather 576-25i).

The shutter on the HPX250 is set to off.

What else can I check on the HPX250?

I just came to think of the settings for Film Cam or Video Cam on the HPX500 (under Scene file - Operation type) but there are no such option on the HPX250.

Surely, I will try to match all the scene file settings as much as possible (Gamma setting, master pedestal, etc). But I still wonder why the movements in the footage looks different...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]