Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Camera upgrade advice

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ColeRe: Camera upgrade advice
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:27:23 pm

Hi David,

It's not just the budget; you are looking at an array of very different cameras and workflows. I strongly advise you to try before you buy. My personal choice was the EX1R and I'm delighted with it, but if you ask a dozen DP's, you'll probably get 20 answers.

Trade shows can be good opportunities. Sometimes you "know" just by picking up a camera. I have rejected so many inappropriate purchases at trade shows that I figure the trips have saved many times their cost. Then there's the whole issue of how your post-production workflow will change to accommodate tapeless media. Once you narrow it down, check out the special forums on the COW to ask your questions.

You may want to save a good portion of that budget for the accessories to make this camera "all it can be." Some of the cameras on your list need a lot of extras (shoulder mounts, to start) to make them useful for the types of shooting you mention.

Good luck and have fun! You're going to enjoy your new camera a ton - all of them on your list are great.

Bob C

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]