Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Traveling with equipment

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam SmithRe: Traveling with equipment
by on Feb 11, 2012 at 9:01:04 am

I'd look into actual carry-on bags from PortaBrace or the like... they're not going to lug as much gear as your main case would, but they'll get your camera small enough and protected enough to carry-on. I've seen some where you remove the lens, and others where the case is almost more like armor than a bag.

I'd also make sure you don't have the camera TOO stripped down, as you may be required to power it up and show that it works. Of course this means you'll need a battery right there with the camera, but I believe most batteries are carry-on these days anyways. Do some research on Lithium Ion batteries if you have them, I believe they've relaxed some in the past few years, but there may still be strict rules on how and where they are packed and even what sizes of batteries you can fly with.

Generally you're only allowed one carry-on (plus one small bag) so if you've got two cameras, I hope you've got a travel partner.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]