Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Print to video: NO TIMECODE? SD footage HVX200A

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

zack hillPrint to video: NO TIMECODE? SD footage HVX200A
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:47:54 pm

Hello, my lack of knowledge of the HVX200a has me very confused...
Shot footage to P2 in 480i mode, 30p.
Imported to FCP (version 6.06) via Log and Transfer
Output to tape (print to video) via firewire to HVX, audio and video show up and record to tape, but no timecode?
FCP was an easy set up, using DVCPRO 50 ntsc as a compressor
Capture settings were firewire basic...
After I recorded to tape (without timecode) I tried to re-ingest with no luck. Tried non-controllable device but could not get FCP to capture more than a few seconds of media.

Because this needs to get out tonight via FEDEX, I changed settings in FCP and outputted to my Sony deck in SD. Worked fine, just confused on how I would do this if I did not have my trusty deck. And I assume that the network that will be using the footage would want the same compressor that I shot the footage with? (DVCPRO 50)

Thanks, I googled the hell out of this and found a similar post on DVUSER.com but with no answer...

Thanks!
Zack Hill
FCP 6.06
G5
HVX200A
Sony V1U

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS