Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: P2 offload issues using new MacbookPro and Duel

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris CardnoRe: P2 offload issues using new MacbookPro and Duel
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 2:53:50 pm

Michael, the Duel site says that you don't need to download drivers with OS 10.5+, so I think they are bundled in. Dan at Imagine said the newest OS manages memory so I guess when the system throws all 4GB at the process it causes the conflict between the drivers and the P2 codec.

Jeremy, the machine came out of the box with the 4GB RAM, it wasn't an add-on -- my tech knowledge falls down the minute I start looking at circuit boards and things with exposed wires so I'm not comfortable starting to yank things out. However, the point of the post was more to put it out there that a new MacbookPro with 4GB of RAM is apparently going to have issues with the Duel Adapter and P2 offload. Like I said, I'd rather someone didn't run into this the day before a shoot or spend a day waiting for a brand new $2,500 machine to boot up correctly and then have it fail during an offload.

As a side note, does anyone else find it kind of amazing that we use all these phrases nowadays and actually know what they basically mean? Three years ago I'd have read the posts in this thread and thought people were talking another language... :-)

Chris Cardno
Visual Edge Productions
Bethesda, MD

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]