Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Fix jerky playback due to "remove duplicate frames and pulldown"

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: Fix jerky playback due to "remove duplicate frames and pulldown"
by on Sep 29, 2008 at 6:47:34 pm

Are you sure about formats that were shot? 59.94 is a 720p frame rate, and 29.97 is typically 1080i. I haven't shot 720p30 so I don't know if that comes in 29.97 or 59.94. 30PN might be 29.97. But I am guessing...so verify what you have.

Having that REMOVE PULLDOWN checked all the time can be dangerous...and I wish that FCP wouldn't default with it on. But it is pretty hidden. That will remove pulldown on 1080i 24PA footage...that is 29.97 but removes to 23.98. I don't think it affects the 720p stuff...I haven't shot all formats. I guess I should....HPX-170 on the way. It might remove pulldown on 30P or 30PN stuff to get it from 59.94 to 29.97.

So I guess I am not THE authority.

CLients shooting all sorts of formats? Do they know how bad that is? Mixing frame rates isn't....

Mixing frame rates....hmmmm. Have you tried the 29.97 stuff on a sequence of it's own? Might be stuttering because it is on a 59.94 sequence? Although it shouldn't. Just a thought.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]