Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: DV Mode Interviews 1st day

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nate StephensRe: DV Mode Interviews 1st day
by on Jun 25, 2008 at 9:31:06 am

"And don't get used to that, that is way too low in my opinion. Digital audio works way different than analog. Even though -20 is 0, you have way more headroom to play with over 'digital 0' than you'd expect. A lot of experienced audio guys kind of didn't believe us when we told them to raise the levels beyond -20 way back when we started with digital audio. I tend to have things peak @ -10, and even -6. Don't be afraid to push the levels in audio just calibrate your mixer as such. This will help your headset volume as well. "

When the new Sennheiser G2 wireless got here last week I tried them out on my self and it seems that when plugged directly into the camera, the voice would start to rattle when the audio meter hit the second bar (-12) ... So I turned down the sensitivity in the Sennheiser to -20 and have been averaging the interviews on the HVX meter at the first mark which is -20, so the interviewed won't peak much above -12 and hopefully not rattle.. My headset is not the best and the speakers in edit suite "B" are very basic, so they might be distorting way to early on playback..

I am plugging the wireless directly into the HVX, I can understand where a field mixer would be very helpfull.. (But this one man band has only so many hands.... I even get to ask the questions.....)

The HVX has a -50 and -60 audio setup. It seems if it had a -40 that I could use the middle of the mic dial instead of the first 2 dots.... But then I am not an audio expert... These new Sennheisers just make me sound like one..

If I don't have to be so critical to avoid the voice rattle,, give me some hints on how to save that audio and correct that distortion in post...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]